Selling Like Hot Takes

The icebreaker at Bible study yesterday was "What are your spicy takes?" and that's the only intro needed. Inspired by my friend Jamie who succinctly delivered a typed up list of hot takes, there will be no explanation. Which brings me to...

  • The name Jamie is spelled like that. I'm also fine with Jamey. Jaime is hi-may. 
  • Counseling is not the same as therapy. They are not interchangeable.
  • We can (and should) commit to making ants extinct and just let the ecological ramifications fall where they may.
  • Ross & Rachel WERE on a break, they just didn't agree on what that break entailed.
  • It's not okay to just say your handwriting is horrible and it is what it is. You CAN put in a little more effort and write legibly when you need to. You just don't.
  • Tea in all forms is horrible.
  • Overhead lighting should be considered a basic human right.
  • London is overrated.
  • If anything, Paris is UNDERrated.
  • North Carolina beaches are superior but the ridge of seashells does make me question everything.
  • Having no cookie is better than having an oatmeal raisin cookie.
  • Christmas decorations & sweaters start after Thanksgiving but Christmas music & movies can start after Halloween.
  • Garlic bread is normally better than cheesy bread. Exception - Domino's.
  • Which reminds me...95% of the time I don't want a hand-tossed situation with fresh basil, I just want crappy American pizza.
  • Eggs do not belong on sandwiches.
  • I realize that cashiers are probably tired of hearing, "there's no price tag, guess it's free," but not as tired as I am of not being able to see how much something costs.
  • Meals end with dessert. All of 'em.
  • Overcooked red meat is way worse than undercooked red meat.
  • Children owe adults respect. I said what I said.
  • There are 2 kinds of people in the world. People who admit that they pee in the shower, and liars.
  • Smoking looks cool. (It's not cool, you shouldn't smoke, and vapes DO NOT look cool but smoking a cigarette just does, I'm sorry, I don't make the rules.)
  • Beverages should not be hot. 
  • Family Guy, South Park & The Simpsons are all painfully stupid.
  • It's actually kind of rude to be the first person to a row and sit on the end and make everyone else shuffle past you. (But we all do it.)
  • Money can't buy contentment. But it CAN buy happiness.
  • All dads should go to therapy even if it's just once.
  • Loving someone doesn't mean cosigning all of their decisions.
  • Not responding to a text within 24 hours isn't a quirky personality trait...it's a character flaw.
  • All of Rory's boyfriends were horrible. Also Rory herself is horrible.
  • Emotional support animals are not service animals.
  • Styrofoam cups may be worse for the environment, but they are better for me and my Dr. Pepper enjoyment and I am okay with that.
  • Most Brandi Glanville hate is undeserved. 
  • If you send the card suits heart emoji instead of the regular heart emoji...I'm afraid of you. What is that about?
  • Piracy IS a victimless crime. Don't @ me
  • When it comes to color coding subjects, science should always be green. No exceptions.
  • Priority boarding is more like a punishment than a privilege.

I asked Emily to help me with this. Here's how that went.

Me: "What's a hot take I have? I feel like I don't have many controversial opinions because I'm right about everything."
Emily: "That's a hot take."

Comments

Popular Posts