FTV How Many Shoes Does a Girl Really Need?

FROM THE VAULT

Let me just start by saying, the limit does not exist. And I want no backtalk from men because y'all have like 3 pairs of greige Hey Dudes and claim they're all different.


Here's the thing. Us girls don't realize how many shoes we have have until we try to clean slash organize our closets. If a guy asked how many pairs of shoes I have I would say around 20. If a girl asked the same question I would say 30. If I actually counted the number would be closer to 50. It's a mental illness. Coincidentally, I also have a mental illness. So this may be a case of correlation is not causation. If having an unreasonable amount of footwear is wrong, then I just don't wanna be right. 

There is really a simple explanation as to why we buy so many shoes. We buy more shoes than clothes because we try on more shoes than clothes. It is very very hard (though not impossible) to look fat in shoes (trust me, I've done it). So naturally, on an off day, right after a meal, or if you are shopping with a skinny friend, trying on shoes levels the playing field. Same Re: most accessories.

But the thing is, there are so many different shoe families that you really can't just stop once you have a few pairs. Luckily guys are coming closer to understanding our obsession because they too want to have ridiculous amounts of shoes. So far this only applies to ridiculously expensive basketball shoes, but it's still a giant step for womankind. The Hey Dudes are catching up!

I want to outline all of the shoe families so that girls know how many pairs of shoes is too many. There is no exact formula, because each of these families consists of countless colors, patterns, fabrics, and price ranges. Every girl should own at least one pair of shoes in each of the major families listed here (along with acceptable and unacceptable styles). But I can confidently say that 200 pairs of shoes would be excessive. Unless you're like a princess. Then you really can't live with less than a thousand. Imelda Marcos really walked (stylishly) so this post could run.
Flip Flops
Yes-Sporty flip flops with squishy bottoms that feel like cushions for angel babies. Must add-I LOVE a platform flip flop. Love.
No-Anything uncomfortable is unacceptable when it comes to flip flops.

Flats
Yes-Metallics. Cute patterns. Velvet, silk, satin, suede. I still don't know the difference between silk and satin.
No-Leather. Rubber (I know, but I've seen it done, unfortunately). Leather flats are fine, right? What was my M.O. here?

Crocs
Yes-The 3 wedges that are actually cute.
No-Any other crocs not used for work purposes.
How the turntables. Honestly all Crocs are beautiful. Not like, aesthetically. But I have so many. Platform clogs, flip flops, wedges, heels, flats.

Sandals
Yes-Metallics. Leather.
No-Jack Rogers, Chacos. Correct.

Wedges
Yes-Cork wedges.
No-Wooden block wedges, this is neither Holland nor Japan.

Espadrilles
Yes-2 words. Ribbon laces.
No-More than 1 pair of espadrilles with thin laces unless you're J-Lo. Which you're not. I still think this is fair.

Boots
Yes-Cowboy boots. Nuff said. Not my personal thing, but glad they work for some people.
No-Open-toed boots. Ew. It's the mismatch of so much foot coverage and then the exposed toes. It's a no from me.

Heels
Yes-ALMOST anything.
No-Any heels higher than 4 inches if you get off work before 3 a.m. No shade no tea but this is funny.

Sneakers
Yes-Nikes, Reebok, Puma, New Balance, Adidas.
No-Anything in denim or over $100 if you don't need them for a sports. Lookin' at you Yeezys. Also, those toe shoes. Ew.

Comments

Popular Posts